The NGO World Foundation (Pakistan) is going to arrange ceremonies regarding inauguration of its project completed in district Layyah and muzaffargarh. These projects were in response to floods Pakistan 2010 funded by Deniz Feneri (turkey)
“In Coordination with PDMA Punjab and District Govt Layyah”
SUMMARY OF PROJECTS:
1. Distribution of huge quantity of food & non food item benefiting around 20000 families.
2. Arranged Qurbani on eid-ul-azha 2010 & 2011 and provision of meat to 16000 affected families.
3. Construction of permanent quality homes (30 two rooms shelter) in Layyah.
4. Construction of permanent quality 100 single room shelters (32 Layyah and 68 Muzaffargarh).
5. Revival of household carpet industry in Layyah (100 units constructed).
6. Reconstruction 22 feeder schools along with provision of all necessary facilities in Layyah (benefiting 1225 students).
7. Installation household units of Biosand Water Filter and awareness raising campaign during relief phase Layyah.
8. Conduction of free medical camps and provision of medicines to the affected people of Layyah
9. Distribution of Ration/ Ramazan package among 600 windows, orphans and poor families during Ramazan 2010.
FLOODS PAKISTAN 2010:
The 2010 Pakistan floods began in late July 2010, resulting from heavy monsoon rains in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh, Punjab and Balochistan regions of Pakistan and affected the Indus River basin. Approximately one-fifth of Pakistan’s total land area was underwater, approximately 796,095 square kilometres (307,374 sq mi). According to Pakistani government data the floods directly affected about 20 million people, mostly by destruction of property, livelihood and infrastructure, with a death toll of close to 2,000.